Calcomp model 34480 with 18365-3 cable, different pinout

Started by LordZedd, May 06, 2019, 23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

LordZedd

I was comparing a 18365-3's damaged cable (from a GTCO Calcomp DrawingBoard model 34480) with the pinout in your web, but it's different in these pins

25 pin D-SUB female connector -----> 8 pin DIN male connector
6 ---> 4
8 ---> 3
21 ---> 4

The shield, from 8 pin DIN, its connected with his pin number 2, and both with the pin 7 (from the 25 pin D-SUB female connector). This is the strangest thing. But it's works!!

I must make another cable, this it's damaged near the 8 pin DIN connector and its pin number 4 is broken, so, sometimes doesn't work.

LordZedd

Today I tested the new cable, its works!!

I hope this helps you.

admin

Quote from: LordZedd on May 06, 2019, 23:56I was comparing a 18365-3's damaged cable (from a GTCO Calcomp DrawingBoard model 34480) with the pinout in your web, but it's different in these pins

25 pin D-SUB female connector -----> 8 pin DIN male connector
6 ---> 4
8 ---> 3
21 ---> 4

The shield, from 8 pin DIN, its connected with his pin number 2, and both with the pin 7 (from the 25 pin D-SUB female connector). This is the strangest thing. But it's works!!

I must make another cable, this it's damaged near the 8 pin DIN connector and its pin number 4 is broken, so, sometimes doesn't work.

Changes to the pinout are made.

BranCro

Dear LordZedd,
i also have a problem with the same cable. I found that pin 21> 4 does not work. I have no knowledge to repair the same, and I cannot find the place of purchase on the internet. Do you know where to buy?