Motorola TalkAbout 2way-radio headset pinout!

Started by Valdisnei, May 14, 2008, 21:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdisnei

Hello everybody!

I bought a pair of Motorola TalkAbout radios (T9500XLR) and each one have a 2.5mm jack connector to conect a headset with PTT (push-to-talk) button.

Anybody knows the pinout of this jack? It seems to be a three or four pin conector.

The possibilities are
First:
1)Speaker
2)Microphone (and the PTT switch only powers the mic when pressed)
3)Ground

Second:
1)Speaker
2)Microphone
3)PTT
4)Ground

On this last one, the PTT button should be a digital pulse, but i don't know  ???

Thanks everyone who helps me  ;)

PS. Sorry for my english  :-[

Jim1348

Did you ever find out the pinout on these?

Valdisnei

Quote from: Jim1348 on Jun 03, 2009, 08:20
Did you ever find out the pinout on these?
OMG a reply, about one year after =P
Well, i found that the problem with my radios, a pair of T9500XLR from motorola isn't the pinout (the pinout is the first possibility as I've described on the first post) but its the type of connector used on it. The default and original plug from motorola headset its 2.5mm stereo plug, wich haves PTT button, Mic and 1 audio channel (mono), but the plug is a little longer if compared to others 2.5mm. I tried to use headset from nokia and got nothing, unless you press the plug strongly against the radios (ie. plastic making "crack" sounds =P) it worked.
To solve this, I bought a pair of genuine motorola radio headsets, cutted out the phone, mic, and ptt and made my custom phones by myself.

Cya!