Pinouts.ru talks

English => Interfaces, Pinouts, Cables => Topic started by: Gincha on Apr 07, 2005, 14:02

Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Gincha on Apr 07, 2005, 14:02
Hi,all!
Help,help,help!
Need pinouts for Sony Vaio PCVA-15TXSA1 LCD monitor with MDR-32 connector.
Thanx
Title: SONY VAIO LCD FLAT PANEL MONITOR 15" PCVA-15TXSA1
Post by: Chervonetc on Jun 05, 2005, 16:10
Hi,
Did you find pinouts for this LCD ? I have similar problem. Will be very gratefull for any help.
Title: same issue here
Post by: james on Jul 19, 2005, 03:23
I also inherited one of these pcva 15QA1 monitors, and would love to know how to adapt it for a regular (linux) box.

stinking propritary plugs.

James
Title: sony pcva 15txsa1
Post by: neal on Aug 02, 2005, 15:16
same boat here....any help. glad to compensate........nealandson@msn.com
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Anonymous on Sep 08, 2005, 14:28
Quote from: "Gincha"Hi,all!
Help,help,help!
Need pinouts for Sony Vaio PCVA-15TXSA1 LCD monitor with MDR-32 connector.
Thanx
Title: Re: SONY VAIO LCD FLAT PANEL MONITOR 15" PCVA-15TXSA1
Post by: Anonymous on Sep 08, 2005, 14:30
Quote from: "Chervonetc"Hi,
Did you find pinouts for this LCD ? I have similar problem. Will be very gratefull for any help.
Title: Re: SONY VAIO LCD FLAT PANEL MONITOR 15" PCVA-15TXSA1
Post by: mustafaa on Sep 08, 2005, 14:31
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "Chervonetc"Hi,
Did you find pinouts for this LCD ? I have similar problem. Will be very gratefull for any help.
Title: pls post me pin diagram of sony lcd pcva 15xsa1
Post by: tara_mustafaa@sify.com on Sep 08, 2005, 14:40
My system has gone bad. I wish to use the lcd monitor with my laptop. To convert the cable into 15 pin i need the pin diagram . I cannot afford to throw away the monitor so pls mail me the complete details. I will be highly obliged.
Thanking you,
Mustafaa
Title: Re: pls post me pin diagram of sony lcd pcva 15xsa1
Post by: Anonymous on Sep 08, 2005, 14:41
Quote from: "tara_mustafaa@sify.com"My system has gone bad. I wish to use the lcd monitor with my laptop. To convert the cable into 15 pin i need the pin diagram . I cannot afford to throw away the monitor so pls mail me the complete details. I will be highly obliged.
Thanking you,
Mustafaa
Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Necroligest on May 17, 2006, 05:46
I have been working on this problem for quite some time, I actually wanted the display for my digital illustration, but I cannot find someone who needs to sell one, so if one of you guys have a spare unit (with the on-screen stylus like the PCV-910) lemmi know! ether way your savior has arrived, this schematis isn't finished (I really can't test it without a display unit) but the pinouts are there and an educated guess on how to connect EM :)
Lemmi know
Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Necroligest on May 17, 2006, 05:47
lol looks like I am still in GUEST status...just look at my profile and use my website...ill place a link off the main page :)
Title: pcva lcd info that might help
Post by: joabr on Jul 01, 2006, 07:39
i found a website that has the pin outs for the lcd but its translated from Japanese. I have a collection of these monitors so when i figure it out ill be in buisness. if anyone is intrested email me at joabr@ev1.net
Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: joabr on Aug 18, 2006, 07:47
Ok, I wired one of these monitors and it works! just one problem. the colors are turned around. the black is yellow, the white is blue and so on. but its a perfect picture
Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Kenny on Sep 20, 2006, 04:41
Then you probably switched some cables... is rgb connected correctly?
It seems like youre missing a cable... the black being yellow... i guess a missing red cable?
But white being blue? wtf...
Title: pcva-15txsa1
Post by: mwm7294 on Dec 09, 2006, 09:30
I need serious help finding links or pinouts to re-wire this monitor to make it useable with a standard pc. Any help is greatly appreciated.
By the way this is the most informative forum I have seen yet, you guys are very helpful with your posts. Thanks again
mwm7294
or e-mail
micheal7294@hotmail.com
Title: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: sk1939 on Dec 12, 2006, 08:55
It may be very well proprietary, and designed to only work with specific graphics cards, hece the way it is...
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Brian on Sep 18, 2007, 22:02
I'm interested in purchasing a working PCVA-15TXSA1 display, please contact Brian at 732-397-4509 if you are willing to sell yours.  Thanks.

Quote from: tara_mustafaa@sify.com on Sep 08, 2005, 14:40
My system has gone bad. I wish to use the lcd monitor with my laptop. To convert the cable into 15 pin i need the pin diagram . I cannot afford to throw away the monitor so pls mail me the complete details. I will be highly obliged.
Thanking you,
Mustafaa
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: frankie on Sep 24, 2007, 12:31

http://homepage2.nifty.com/holiday/doc/

Quote from: Brian on Sep 18, 2007, 22:02
I'm interested in purchasing a working PCVA-15TXSA1 display, please contact Brian at 732-397-4509 if you are willing to sell yours.  Thanks.

Quote from: tara_mustafaa@sify.com on Sep 08, 2005, 14:40
My system has gone bad. I wish to use the lcd monitor with my laptop. To convert the cable into 15 pin i need the pin diagram . I cannot afford to throw away the monitor so pls mail me the complete details. I will be highly obliged.
Thanking you,
Mustafaa

Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: greasyhog on Oct 11, 2007, 05:37
I too have one of these monitors that i would like to get working with a dell tower  xvga connection.  If anyone has figured this out and/or can make one of these for me/quote me i would greatly appreciate it.  Please contact me at     brian_m_hall@yahoo.com
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Mike the bike on Oct 12, 2007, 23:09
Have a couple of mails direct but some came back with wrong address so I've registered here because ... I've been given a PCVA 15XA2 LCD whic I'd like to convert for other-make PC use ... Has anyone had success? (I'm in the UK BTW)
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: robert d vazquez on Nov 26, 2007, 20:30
I have 1 of this sony lcd monitor pcva15txsa1 and dont plug into my pc. Please help.
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: robert d vazquez on Nov 26, 2007, 20:40
Ihave 1 of this monitors sony vaio lcd pcva 15txsa1 pinouts. Dont plug into my pc. Need adapter. I live in dominican republic. Spanish or inglish.
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: a guest on Dec 11, 2007, 08:28
it sounds to me like all of you want to take a lcd screen from a sony vaio laptop and find a converter that takes the video output of a standard pc (vga or dvi) and use a laptop display work on a a pc... well i spent a long time in realizing that its not as easy as that... a lcd display need a controler board... and the video from your pc (vga) is an analog signal and needs even more prossesing power to make it work with a lcd screen... so in looking for one of these controller boards... i found that its much cheaper to just buy a flat panel monitor from the store... the boards are avalable and you can buy them... but its not very practical...
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: Mari on Jul 03, 2008, 06:56
Quote from: greasyhog on Oct 11, 2007, 05:37
I too have one of these monitors that i would like to get working with a dell tower  xvga connection.  If anyone has figured this out and/or can make one of these for me/quote me i would greatly appreciate it.  Please contact me at     brian_m_hall@yahoo.com
Have you found an adaptor?
Title: Re: Sony Vaio LCD PCVA-15TXSA1 pinouts
Post by: John on Sep 11, 2008, 08:47
There are actuall 34 pins counting the two large gold pins at either end:

1   DDC_SCL               17  DDC_SDA
2   SUS_LED               18  MSG_LED
3   KBD_DAT               19  MOUSE_DAT
4   KBD_CLK               20  MOUSE_CLK
5   Tx2+                     21  GND
6   Tx2-                      22  Tx1+
7   GND                      23  Tx1-
8   Tx0+                     24  GND
9   Tx0-                      25  GxCLK+
10  GND                     26  TxCLK-
11  Audio Left out        27  Audio GND
12  Audio Right out      28  USB Data+
13  +5V USB               29  USB Data-
14  Tablet TxD#           30  Tablet RxD#
15  BL_ON                   31  Tablet DTR#
16  +5V KBD/MOUSE    32  GND
                                  33 (P1) GND
                                  34 (P2) +12V
Title: answer
Post by: HelenJames on Jul 31, 2010, 06:20
Something alike was discussed on the Yahoo! Answers last week, i can share a link if you want some