Logitech X-530 connector

Started by LightMan701, Aug 01, 2010, 21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

LightMan701

I recently got a Logitech X-530 5.1 system at a tag sale. It came with a few extra satellite speakers, but didn't come with a front right speaker, which unfortunately has the controls and wires to plug into my computer. Having some electrical knowledge, I was hoping to make a substitute or replacement by soldering the right wires into the right places on a new d-sub connector. Unfortunately this isn't working well. I found this site which gave a big help:

http://pinouts.ru/Home/logitech_x530_front_pinout.shtml

It covers a lot, but not enough for me to figure out how to emulate the front right speaker. I don't know if the signal from the computer goes straight into the d-sub, or if it is preprocessed by the front right speaker (I think it's only a potentiometer, which means directly connecting the signal to the d-sub should get me signal). If that's the case, then I guess I just don't know how to turn it on without the ON switch. The site makes me think shorting pin 15 (which I measure is at 6V btw) and pin 11 (which I measure at 0V) would turn it on, but that's not working.
Does anyone (such as the person who wrote the above article or someone who owns an X-530) have any ideas?

Salla

Hey, you have to short the headphone pins as well cause the need to be connected so as to made the thing work.
Gudluck

hasina

You can connect through S/PDIF but not the X540's. You can however buy a USB external sound card for a laptop and plug it the speakers into that in the usual way (the three jack to jack connections Green, Orange and Black)

Hope this helps.

webmaster69x

@ Salla, pin 11 and pin 15 must short right to turn on the the speaker system, but where to locate the pin led, i want to put a led to see if the x-530 speaker turned on? what pin is that? is that pin 11 and pin10? thanks in advance..