iphone - enabling line in for dock connection

Started by BiL0, Jan 29, 2011, 18:36

Previous topic - Next topic

BiL0

Hello,
I'm trying to get some information on how to enable the line in on the iphone through the dock.
in the pinout diagram available here
http://pinouts.ru/CellularPhones-A-N/iPhone_connector_pinout.shtml
there is a mention for the pin 11    GND    If connected to GND the iPhone sends audio signals through pin 3-4, otherwise it uses onboard speaker.
however there is no mention on how to activate the line in.
for the ipod seems to be straight forward, maybe because there is no mic and by just connecting the 5 and 6 will get you line in.
All my test in connecting 5 and 6 on the dock have resulted in-vane on the iphone, it still gets the input from the built in mic.
in theory once connected to a dock the iphone should release that there is a line in now and it should get the signal from there.

Any thoughts? on my dock the audio out works just fine but not the line in. please help
Thank you in advance for your reply.

BiL0

coco

for the ipod seems to be straight forward, maybe because there is no mic and by just connecting the 5 and 6 will get you line in.
All my test in connecting 5 and 6 on the dock have resulted in-vane on the iphone, it still gets the input from the built in mic.
in theory once connected to a dock the iphone should release that there is a line in now and it should get the signal from there.

Any thoughts? on my dock the audio out works just fine but not the line in. please help
Thank you in advance for your reply.

BiL0