Dell Latitude Docking Station / Port Replicator Pinout

Started by W3bMa5t3r, Aug 04, 2006, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

W3bMa5t3r

Please Help!! :-)

I'm trying to find the pinout for the D/Port Advanced Port Replicator, Advanced Port Replicator, or D/Dock Expansion Station. Should be a 280 Pin Connector. Basically This One or a compatible one.  Thanks so very much in advance for any help. :-)

moose_grunt

check out your c:\dell\docs  folder.  There may be something useful in there (if you have one, of course).  In my Precision M50, there was a service manual in that folder that had pinouts of all of the ports on the machine, including the docking port.  So see if you have that folder, and check it out.  If not, then you may be able to find a comparable service manual (that may have the pinout you need) for your laptop on dell's website.

W3bMa5t3r

Quote from: "moose_grunt"check out your c:\dell\docs  folder.  There may be something useful in there (if you have one, of course).  In my Precision M50, there was a service manual in that folder that had pinouts of all of the ports on the machine, including the docking port.  So see if you have that folder, and check it out.  If not, then you may be able to find a comparable service manual (that may have the pinout you need) for your laptop on dell's website.

Thanks for the reply. The only docs I could find on the dell website or cd (was for another model as I don't have the one for my laptop) relating to the pinout for a port replicator was for the 200 pin connector and another smaller one. For whatever reason I can't find one for this 280 pin connector. I really only need to know a few of the pins. I.E. Power (+12vdc/GND, Power on switch/contacts, USB, etc... Thanks again though. :)