pinout for a D530 SFF front IO board needed

Started by madmax_2069, Aug 29, 2008, 21:40

Previous topic - Next topic

madmax_2069

hello All i need to know the pinout of the front IO board on the mobo, i have searched and searched but could not find any useful info about it. what i am trying to do is migrate the mobo from the stock HP D530 SFF case into a ANTEC 300 case and i want to use the front IO of the case and not the IO from the D530's SFF case if i can help it.

the other thing i could do is to use and hide the front IO board from the HP D530 and run male to female extension cables (USB and earphone jacks) to the ANTECs front IO panel but i still have to find out about the LED and power button and the reset button connections (if possible).

Thanks
Frank

madmax_2069

i figured out the power button and reset button and the 2 LED's but i still cant find the pinout for the 2 onboard 10 pin mobo connections for the front IO audio and the USB.

for the front IO on the ANTEC 300 case there is 3 connections 2 for the audio (one for HDA audio connections, and one for AC'97 audio connections) only one can be used at a time and a single one for the USB.

if you need more info let me know and i will try to explain more

Thanks
Frank

madmax_2069

ok i tried the AC'97 connector and it halfway works (allows the built in speaker to work and allows the rear earphone jack and mic to work but the front still dont work) . the 9 and 10 pins and the 5 and 6 pins have to be jumped before the built in speaker or the rear audio jacks will work but other then that i know no more yet.

well there was a few things i seen there is a extra wire (a thick and black wire) i am leaning towards a secondary ground wire its something that the NTEC connector lacks

http://www.hexellent.com/files/26/a7n266vm.jpg  if you look t this diagram this is what should be the pinout on the mobo connector but the stock D530 connector has a extra wire in the NC in the diagram its either 7th or 8th pin that has the extra wire (the blank has the block key in it) which is next to the extra wire on the D530s connector.

i am wondering if it needs the secondary ground from the motherboard for the front jacks to work (something that a normal AC'97 connector would work without) HP must have pulled a fast one and made a change so thats its not quite standard so you have to buy a replacement front IO from them and no one else.

i dont know if i want to chance just hooking up the USB connector to the mobo to see if it works or not cause it to has a extra wire on the stock D530 USB connector and the ANTEC one dont.i dont know if it would hurt it if the wires are wrong if i attempt to plug it in to see if it works or not.