Nokia N95 connectivety

Started by beefer, Sep 28, 2007, 12:39

Previous topic - Next topic

beefer

Hi. Can someone please help me. I have a Nokia N95 which I am trying to connect to a "Safety Cell" for use in an aircraft. I have the pinouts for the 4 ring plug that goes into the 3.5mm socket of the Nokia, but I dont know how to wire the female that will accept the 3 ring 2.5mm plug on the "Safety Cell"
Please help.

dpdp

I'm looking for the N95 4 ring pinout diagram for almost the same reason (connect N95 to aircraft audio panel to use aircraft headset). Here's the deal, if you send me what you have on the N95, and I can get someone to put something together that works, I'll let you know how they wired the other end.

email d m p e a r c e at mweb.co.za (no spaces)

beefer

Hi dgpd.I have somebody working on it for me. I will let you know as soon as I have something. I see by yout email address you are also in SA. Beefer

beefer

If you start at the tip of the plug, ring 1 is LEFT AUDIO, ring 2 is RIGHT AUDIO, ring 3 is MIC, ring 4 is GROUND. Pin 3 used for both mic and C-video.

dpdp

Thanks for that. Yup, in SA.

I'll let you know if I have any joy getting the patch cable wired up.

d

beefer

Looks like we might have won. Going to test it out in the morning. It works fine on the bench. We cut the plug off of the "Safety Cell" and then used the cable that comes with the phone, the one to view media on the TV, joining the wires permanently. The phone immediately accepted it as a headset and the headset mike was working. I will keep you posted.
hyltspray@intekom.co.za