S Video to TV with HP dv9000 Notebook

Started by DHD, Jan 20, 2007, 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Wozza

You don't need a custom job.
Just get a standard S-video to RCA cable from the local computer fair or Dick Smith's. Set your video card to Dual view (Laptop and TV), plug in to the TV using RCA ...... works fine on my DV9000TX, under both WinXP and Vista.

Mike2345

Hi, have anybody got pinouts for docking connector in HP nx7400 notebook?

Alex118

well i've had it. Can't get tv-out to work no matter what. Ive tried 2 different S-video cables that both work on other computers and even one vga to RCA cable that also doesnt do the job!
The only thing I havent tried is a 6-pin s-video cable simply because I cant find one - but I've been told that the extra 2 pins are for audio so that shouldnt make a difference. I think it must be a hardware problem and I'm taking the laptop back to HP!

stoked

I have a Compaq v2000 laptop (hp owns compaq) it has the same 7pin conector. it is an s-video out. tv works fine.  try dave mathews suggestion. and let us know if that works.

TEDDY

U CAN GET S VIDEO CONNECTORS FROM A SITE CALLED SVIDEO.COM GOT A 7 PIN TO RCA COMMING
AM GOING TO TRY TO PLY DVIX DVD FROM PUTER TO TV DVD PLAYER NOT PLY DVIX HOPE DONT HAVE PROBLEMS THOUGHT IT WOULD B EZ TY 4 INFO

guys go sign this (www-PetitionOnline-com/99576637/petition-html)
replace - in address with .

Alex118

Hi guys,

I have a dv9088ea pavilion model with NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600. After a lot of testing on both windows XP and windows vista I have come to the simple conclusion that tv-out through an s-video to RCA cable (thats the standard red,white and yellow cable that are available on most TVs) does NOT work on our laptop models (and my guess is probably on any laptop using geforce go 7600). However if you try connecting your laptop to the tv using an s-video to s-video cable it does work!

I know most people are using older televisions that don't have an s-video port.. What I did was get a SCART with an s-video input on it. So you would connect your s-video cable to the scart and to your laptop and then put the scart in your tv. The laptop finally detects the external display and by pressing fn + F4 on the keyboard you can switch between displays.

Have in mind that I know that this solved me and my friend's problem, however we both have the specific HP Pavilion model dv9088ea. I have no idea if this solution will do for other models but you can try it out and see how it goes.

As a sidenote - HP customer service is appalling. I spent hours on the phone with them about this problem and have also exchanged many e-mails with them. They have no idea that the tv-out simply doesn't work with a standard s-video to RCA cable as it should. They told me to send it in but as you all know whatever problem you send your laptop to them with they will format the damn thing without thinking twice and return it in a couple of weeks! As if anybody can afford to go through that process!

sunny

hi i have hp pavilion laptop and it has 7 pin output and i have this adpter which turns 7 pin to rca female  but it still dosent work  adpter i have is just wire type its not any converter box or anything
somebody  plezzzzzzz help me that do i have to buy anything or i can use that wire to connect to tv

mindless

my dam laptop svideo dont work either,,,,  this so anoying what 7pin svideo do i need?

big_g81

I've got a dv9605ea ,when I connect to a CRT TV using a 4 pin to 4pin S-video lead hit fn and f4 I get my laptop display on the tv but no colour only black and white. Any ideas?  ???

Alex118

hey guys.. if you use a s-video to s-video cable it will work. if your tv doesnt have s-video input then you can buy a scart with an s-video port on it. Connect the scart to your tv and the s-video to s-video cable to the scart

Chase

I connect s to s on tv, and all i get are these faint scrambled ghostly lines.  This is a pretty important feature to me and am trying the solutions found here will post back with results.

vikey

Hi, i have connected my hp pavillion dv9222tx which has a 7 pin s-video port to my tv with HAS RCV but it wont work. NVIDIA Geforce Go 7600 is the one i have as alex118, but I HAVE not tried using the scart thing as suggested by him. while I hunt for the scart If anyone else has made it with dv9222tx pls update.

JOHN

HI EBAY SELLER RECLAIMJACK SELL'S THE LEAD YOU NEED FOR TV OUT

Christian

|